Tuesday, June 3, 2008

The Art of Relaxation



I have now perfected The Art of Relaxation. After a day of restless laps around Cameron's mom's home I was finally able to surrender into being rather than doing at the family's vacation house in Palm Springs. The recipe: one part inflatable lounge chair, one part salt water pool and two parts mai tai. We spent the weekend relaxing pool-side, reading, playing ping-pong, cooking and eating. The weekend's high points include a sunset walk through the palm tree laden golf fairways and an off-road golf cart adventure to Starbucks (oh how I miss you Zoka). On a more serious note, it was wonderful to finally meet Cameron's beautiful sister and spend some quality time with his family. Back in Pasadena, we checked out a couple of different yoga studios yesterday and spent today people watching in Venice Beach and Santa Monica. Still ahead is Six Flags Amusement Park. Even though my stomach disobediently flips at the crest of each climb, I can't help but love roller coasters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lover, let's do it all over again. You and me and our two dancing souls.