Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Locks of Love




I finally got sick of it.  Actually, I really loved it, but the California heat gave me a small dose of what working on a farm in 70 degree weather with a full heed-o-hair would be like - HOT!  Now my head is 10 inches lighter and hopefully a child undergoing chemotherapy treatment somewhere can benefit from it.  Locks of Love is a non-profit organization that provides wigs made from donated human hair to children suffering from cancer or other illnesses that cause hair loss.  Cameron shaved his head too.  It took an hour, scissors and three razors to shave his golden locks of love.  He had a white helmet where is hair was but the is sun is slowly evening things out.  I'm being beckoned out of my room now for a final meal with my family.  Can't believe we leave tomorrow......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the new short cut! I knew you would return to the land of the chin-length bob again. It's a good land to live in. Now you can join me in my quest to find the cutest scarves to hold it back during yoga practice. Here's my blog: http://flowandgrow.blogspot.com/. Enjoy your travels! Namaste.

Unknown said...

Laura you are a model in so many ways!!! You look fabulous, Darling. Hair short or long, it matters not. How great that Locks of Love and some small deserving person get yours! As a wavy/curly girl too though, I am dying to know how your tresses could be so seemingly straight now? Do the corkscrew curls come back after you wash it? Mine sure do....and especially on farms or when I am busy eating mangoes and have no inclination to bother with straighteners. I bet you're going to be looking like Shirley Temple pretty soon.
(More photos please!)

Karen in Seattle said...

Your new hairdo looks really awesome! We miss you at class but at least we have you near with your blog! We look forward to hearing about all your adventures and keep the pictures coming!

Carolyn Wei said...

sassy haircut! good decision for the summer. :)

Anonymous said...

My luscious lorikeet! You're exquisite!