Thursday, May 8, 2008

Welcome to My Blog

Namaste friends and welcome to my blog.  My life is already packed and stored and I'm tuning up my magic carpet for the journey to Australia and Bali.  Cameron and I leave for the land of kangaroos and koalas June 12th.  But before we blast off completely we must log some quality hours with family in Washington and California.  Our tour of Australia begins with four weeks working on an organic mango farm near the very small town of Gympie in the Queensland region.  After WOOFing we will spend 10 days in deep and profound silence at an ashram near Brisbane.  Then we're off to Indonesia for four weeks in tropical paradise.  The last two weeks of August I will lead a yoga retreat in Bali.  There is still time to join me for this unique exploration of Balinese culture and religion during their festival season.  Visit my website for more information.  Upon our return in September we will immediately drive down to San Francisco for the Level 2 Yoga Nidra Teacher Training with Richard Miller.  This blog will be lovely way to stay touch and share my thoughts and experiences with photos and journal-like entries.  And if your inclined, check out Cameron's blog.  I hope you subscribe to my blog and enjoy watching me grow, learn and share yoga on the other side of the globe.  I look forward to returning to Seattle in the fall enriched and inspired by my travels and ready to take my practice and teachings in exciting new directions.  

3 comments:

Nathan said...

Your blog looks great! I hope you have an absolute fantastic time in Australia and Indonesia! Going to your yoga classes and helping you expand your website has become an enjoyable part of my life this year. I will miss you this summer!

Lots of love and may your journey bring more love and joy into your life, and the lives of those you touch, wherever you go.

Namaste, Nathan

Anonymous said...

Hello Laura -

we will all miss you of course! How great that you are using technology to help us all stay connected.
Not to be a ninny, but could you explain more about how I subscribe to the blog?? Is this note enough? Am I already subscribed since I am getting your newsletter? Please advise.

Thanks and Namaste, - Bellamy

Anonymous said...

I love Laura! So glad you have a blog...I will read it regularly. I imagine you will eat so many mangoes at the WWOOFing farm...I'm jealous. Kisses from Croatia,
Maria