Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Support LauraNidra Yoga


Namaste,

I have the good fortune to see many of you on a regular basis. Others I am grateful to bump into from time to time. There are several of you, however, that I have not connected with in an embarrassingly long period of time. This email is two-fold in its intention: 1) to re-establish and nourish a sense of community 2) to update you on my professional doings. I believe in the power of community and acknowledge that I wouldn't be doing what I feel is my personal calling without the support and encouragement of those of you who keep showing up in a myriad of ways to affirm my life's path. Further, I believe that a balance of giving and receiving is integral to the health and success of the community at large. I invite you to consider sharing with me your doings as well as what I can do to support you in the resolution of your goals and aspirations.
Just over a year ago I stepped out of a very comfortable and rewarding role as a free-lance yoga instructor at several prominent yoga studios in Seattle in order to establish myself as an independent yoga professional and the owner of LauraNidra Yoga. Needless to say, the past year has had its fair share of personal and professional ups and downs. The experience has been quite humbling. I have had to dig deep into my reserves of strength, perseverance and trust in order to keep putting one foot in front of the other. I am reassured by the knowledge that my experience is not unique and that thousands of small business owner's are faced with similar issues on a daily basis. I am not one to look back with regret so, when I reflect on the unfolding of events that have brought me to this moment, I see a great deal of positives. I see how my teaching has grown. I also see how students have been affected by this evolution. I see a beautiful community of practitioners that express mutual agreement about the value of yoga through their presence alone and in the small gestures of kindness that range from a smile to a supportive email. I recognize the growing pains my teaching has undergone and sense the clarity of voice that is emerging like wings from the chrysalis.

LauraNidra Yoga offers an Ashtanga and Universal inspired practice that marries classic form with contemporary creativity. Of course, LauraNidra Yoga wouldn't be complete without the influence of Yoga Nidra which is woven into each class. LauraNidra Yoga's signature style MOVES you into STILLNESS. I currently offer 7 ongoing classes a week at Taj Yoga in Crown Hill/North Ballard. Yoga Nidra Meditation continues to be offered the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month at 7:00 p.m. My events schedule is full of exciting events that will provide opportunities to deepen your practice, play in mother nature and experience yoga in the context of a new and different culture. Please consider visiting my website for more information or subscribe to LauraNidra News for monthly email updates.

Yoga offers an array of wellness benefits. With regular practice Yoga can reduce stress, bolster the immune system, increase strength, endurance and flexibility, balance energy levels and promote clarity of thought and communication. Yoga can also enhance other areas of your life be it gardening, biking, academics or other creative endeavors and leave you feeling comfortable and confident in your body. No matter your exposure to yoga or your reason for practicing, it is my intention to encourage you to reach beyond perceived limitations to experience the innate ease of being that is your True Nature.

The business piece of being an independent yoga professional has also grown. I have learned that it requires a lot more than being a good yoga teacher to run a successful yoga business. I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel that inspired me to aspire to such a vision. I feel momentum beneath my wings but teeter at the edge of the nest wondering if they are strong enough to carry me. If you are inclined, you can help keep me afloat by mentioning me and my business when interacting with your community and professional network. I appreciate your word of mouth referrals tremendously. To make your job a little easier I am now offering 2 weeks of UNLIMITED YOGA for $20. This is primarily a new member special, but as a thank you, I would like to extend this one time incentive to you as well. Lastly, if you have a website and are interested in a link exchange to increase search engine visibility, please let me know as I have recently added a Community Page to my website and would be happy to list your business or service and feature you in my newsletter.

In gratitude,

LauraNidra

No comments: