Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Travelling Yogi











We spent the last ten days unofficially WWOOFing on the Sunshine Coast. Helga introduced us to Graham who has a house a few blocks from the beach between Mooloolaba and Caloundra. Each morning we help Graham get his bachelor pad in order for the future renter and a substantial remodel. This leaves us plenty of free time in the afternoon to explore the nearby beaches, towns and parks by foot or push bike. It suits me just the same that we aren’t following the well beaten path of the common tourist. But every time I feel myself want to do something, I remember that I already am. As long as I remain present, everything I need is present with me. Each moment is pregnant with meaning. There are no coincidences. My heart swells and gratitude is renewed. Travelling has rewarded me with heaps of self-discovery and growth which I will bring home and share with family, friends and students alike.


The Australia leg of our journey comes to an end Friday as we take flight for Bali. I can’t wait. We will be moving around a lot more during the two weeks prior to the retreat. Compared to Seattle’s winter weather it is quite mild here but I’ve been cold on more occasions than I’d hoped. We seem to have brought Seattle along with us as it has rained considerably more than average since we’ve been down under. On two occasions, after three solid days of heavy rain, I felt like a caged bird. As we prepare to fly the coop, I look forward to Bali’s sun, humidity and even its bugs. Here’s to salt water, surf lessons, more yoga and all the massages my body can handle.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

J'adore, mon amant - d'une façon exquise beau!